EN CN
  • Hello there. I just started working on SimpleBGC GUI and after checking the latest manual and the scripting manual, I did not manage to find anything on logging real-time data from sessions on a csv file for example.
    So my question is: Is there a command in the special language of the GUI that logs the values of RPY to a csv file?
    Also, can I use other programming languages for scripting in the GUI?
  • Hello,

To enable logging, select the checkbox in the "Service" - "Misc. settings" - "Log RT data".
    (BTW, it is not a good place for it, we will move it to the "File" - "Settings" in the future.)

CSV files are stored into sub-folder "logs".

There are no other options for scripting. If you need more advanced control over the SBGC32 and its data (maybe you want a higher rate or different datasets) - you can use your favorite programming language to send commands and query data via the Serial API. GUI uses it, too.
    http://www.basecamelectronics.com/serialapi/

Regards, Aleksey.
  • Hello Aleksey,
    First of all, thank you for the response.I ticked the log real -time data checkbox as you instructed.

So now if I make a test/session, when it ends, will there be a pop-up window asking me to save the data in a file of my choice? or is there a predestined path for the tests?(I saw a "logs" folder in the SimpleBGC GUI installation folder for example)
    Also, there is a "Rewrite on reconnection" checkbox right below the box you suggested. Should I leave it ticked or unticked? Does it mess with the logging?

Another thing: I also found an alternative way on logging data. The PySimpleBGC project. It is a python project which aims to allow the communication with Basecam SimpleBGC controller board. Do you recommend it for usage?

Regards,
    Athanasios Loukas
  • Hello Aleksey,
    Forget about the 1st part of my previous question. It works fine. Except that each session is saved in the same csv file.
    Can I fix this and save each session on a new CSV file when I press "connect" on the GUI ?

My last question however still stands. Do you recommend using PysimpleBGC for data logging?
    Regards,
    Athanasios

• Hello! In the SimpleBGC GUI, there isn’t a built-in command to log RPY (roll, pitch, yaw) values directly to a CSV file. You may need to manually extract this data or utilize external scripts for such tasks. The GUI primarily supports its own scripting language, without native support for other programming languages directly within its environment.
    For complex tasks or software integration, consider consulting with professionals like those at sloboda-studio.com https://sloboda-studio.com/ who can provide tailored software solutions.