EN CN
Boost Power - What is it exactly?
  • Under "Hardware -> Motor Power Settings", the SimpleBGC GUI (v2.70 b0) allows to set the voltage supplied to the motors. Additionaly, every motor has a "Boost Power" option, which the manual describes as follows:

"additional power that will be add to the main power in case of error caused by the lost synchronization of electrical and magnetic fields in a motor. It helps to restore sync and return camera to the normal position."

I have a few questions regarding the practical application of this parameter:

1. What does "lost synchronization of electrical and magnetic fields in a motor" mean? Will the motor hold it's position using the normal power settings and switch to normal + boost if a shock occurs that would make it loose and reset it's position?
    2. How long will the boost setting be applied? If I set normal and boost power to values that, when combined for a longer duration, would overheat the motor, should I be afraid? Or does the controller make sure that, under any circumstances, the power is only applied for a short enough duration?

Thanks in advance