EN CN
GUI is not downloading firmware! Stuck on 0.00 firmware...
  • Hello,

the firmware upgrading process stops when the Programm is trying to download the new firmware. The Details show the following text:

Pausing monitoring..
    Signing request..
    Entering boot mode...
    Waiting for bootloader to start...
    Downloading firmware...
    Downloading firmware...

After that nothing happens. I accidentally flashed the firmware that came with the GUI which leads to a 0.00 number which is not a problem since I read it is still possible to upgrade the firmware from that version.

I'm on a Mac running High Sierra and the connection to the board works etc. but it does not upgrade the firmware :-(

Can I download the firmware manually? Since the manual update to the 0.00 firmware worked it could work with the 2.63 b0 too.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!!!

Best regards,

David
  • Hello,
    It is not possible to download firmware manually, but we can make and send it to you as a file. We need a device S/N to sign it.
  • Hi @alexmos, I've just had the same problem trying to upgrade the firmware from within SimpleBGC32, I waited 30 minutes and nothing changed apart from the words below.

Pausing monitoring..
    Signing request..
    Entering boot mode...
    Waiting for bootloader to start...
    Downloading firmware...
    Downloading firmware...

Now I get no turning on sound and a serial error message from within SimpleBGC32 when I try to connect. How do I get out of this please!

Thank you.
    Dominic
  • I can still get it back up! Just had to disconnect the USB cable as well as restarting the SimpleBGC32 application. I've also tried doing the firmware upgrade using the SimpleBGC32 GUI v2.66 b2 Application and it still hangs at "Downloading firmware...

I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.12.6 and connected to the internet via WiFi (as this laptop has no hardware for ethernet. Maybe this is the issue?

• HI @alexmos, I NEED HELP.
    BUY A USED GIMBAL, BUT I CAN NOT USE IT. A RED LIGHT APPEARS AND NOTHING ELSE.
    I DO NOT GET THE FIRMWARE. WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

THANK YOU.
  • any update on this?? same issue here (among many other things)
  • Hi guy's did anyone hear back from @Alexmos on this issue? I've just opened up the Simple BGC software to do a Calibration and noticed the firmware available is now at 2.66 b7, and I'm still stuck on 2.63 as it still hangs when trying to do the firmware update? Would be awesome to hear from someone on this issue. Thanks.
  • Solved it! I downloaded the 2.66 b7 version of the GUI! And the firmware update worked perfectly! Have calibrated my Pilotfly H2 and the drift has gone (for now at least!).
  • For all having problems updating firmware: the problem is related to Java 9 update that have broken some functionality of the GUI. You need to download the latest 2.66b7 GUI where this problem is solved: https://www.basecamelectronics.com/files/SimpleBGC_GUI_2_66b7.zip
    Even if you do not want to update to beta version of the firmware, this GUI may be used just to update the firmware to any required version.
  • hello can you help me sir how to fix this pronlem i have a version of 2.2b2 of my gimbal is working perfect but when i upgrade the vesion of 2.40b8 i have big problem the gimbal thus not move to is direction and the gimbal motor are shaking can you help me this problem?
  • much better maybe i will downgrade the vesion of my gimbal back to 2.2b2 version
  • Hi @alexmos, I need help!!! I accidentally deleted my firmware from my Pilotfly H2.

I was doing a downgrade, I got an error and after that I no longer have firmware :(

How can I fix this problem?
  • Hello,

To restore firmware, follow common instructions that you can find in our SimpleBGC32 controllers user manual, section "Firmware upgrade". The only thing Idon't know - how to start Pilotfly H2 gimbal in a boot mode. I guess it should be a push button or a jumper on the PCB inside gimbal. Power ON gimbal when it is closed/pressed. Unfortunately, I have no schematics for this gimbal.

Regards, Alksey.
  • Hi,
    I do have a similar problem for upgrading but I have 2 diffrent errors : "Error upgrading firmware: Unexpected answer: 0xffffffff" or "Error upgrading firmware: Timeout waiting answer!". I have the SimpleBGC 2_68b4 on mac and a H1. Never used this device before, maybe it's simple problem but I can't fix it. Any idea would be nice.