EN CN
Gyro Y and Roll axis error deviate with regular interval...
  • Gimbal is balanced accelerometers and gyros are calibrated... without touching the gimbal you can see following regular pattern in monitoring window. What is wrong? Is it bad calibration or something wrong with IMU?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5618EF083C6CBA9B!5273&authkey=!AJd57J8MMz5nAew&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

All other gyro and acc graphs are stable.
  • how does the gimbal move?

Have you calibrated the gyro so that it was absolutely still and calibration at startup disactivated.

Is joystick calibrated, what is the RC command commanding?
  • Gimbal is levelled, and then this disturbance hits in a roll angle and it will go about 20 degrees off the horizontal. Then it will slowly start to go towards horizontal again, but after about 13sec the same disturbance and gimbal will be again about 20 degrees off the horizontal and it will keep reapeating the same pattern all the time.

I have tried in both ways: calibration disabled and enabled at startup. And I tried to keep it absolutely still during calibration...
    Even if it wasn't perfectly still all the time - it seems to hit only Gyro_Y

And isn't it strange that acc_y is stable, but gyro_y makes this strange disturbance pattern?

I'll have to check the radio.
  • It can't be RC problem, since it happens the same way if RC is switched off.
  • Just disable all RC and everything you do not need, get it working first and then add what you need.

There is something causing the roll to go around.
  • Thank you Garug for advice!

I tried. Did everything from scracth. It is just gimbal. recalibrated 2 IMU's and gyros. All there is in the system is battery, IMU's and connected motors. And still this oscillation.

I also added there a video of gimbal and monitoring data. It is again this gyro_y that gets somehow disturbed after certain time period. Although it stands on solid ground and there should be absolutely no movement.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5618EF083C6CBA9B!5272&authkey=!AOI1TqwvIwj3onI&ithint=folder
  • It is always possible that the IMU is faulty. is the IMU data logical if you set the motors off and rotate gimbal by hand.

Also motor could be faulty, leaking voltage etc.

And you have quite many wires hanging around.

Your yaw is rotating fast too?