EN CN
Horizontal drift
  • I have a Chinese "CNC" gimbal that has suddenly lost its ability to remain horizontal. I have tried to update the firmware (my board is 2.30b5), but I get a Java error. I have updated to the latest Java and installed Firefox, but still no success. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    jmr
  • You have very old FW, that should not however cause lost of roll. Probably calibration problem, or something broken.

There is many copies of the BaseCam board. BaseCam FW does not support them. this could be reason for your Java problems. If your board is legitimate BaseCam board, then it is something else.
  • Garug,

Thanks for your reply. This is probably a copy of a BaseCam board since there are no makings on the board or the chips. Any suggestions on how I would calibrate this unit?
  • If you do not get the GUI (the PC SW) connected there is not much you can do. Anyway it would be good to get a legitimate board, they work.

However you might have problem with Roll motor and should check it.
  • How do I distinguish a legitimate from a fake board and are they compatible with 2208 motors?
  • Price is good indication, buying from BaseCam partners should be safe http://www.basecamelectronics.com/wheretobuy/

2208 motors do not tell much. if the resistance is more than 10 ohms, it is fine, when voltage and power are set according the resistance. 10 ohms is good with 3S battery, above 15 ohms 4S is often good. Power must be set so that motors do not overheat.