EN CN
Unable to flash firmware 32 Bit
  • Just received a new 32-bit board the other day, went to upgrade it and had no issues. Next day I plug in the IMU and motors and upon connecting with 2.43B9 I kept getting corrupted serial data. I went to flash the firmware again thinking that it would possibly fix it when it erases everything. This is when it all went wrong, the firmware updater failed in the middle and now I am unable to connect and only the red LED comes on. I jumped the FLASH pins and tried to manually flash the recovery bin and hex and this is the output of the 32 bit recovery hex:

Writing firmware...
    Writing firmware...
    Opening Port [OK]
    Activating device [OK]

ERASING ...
    erasing all pages [OK]

DOWNLOADING ...

downloading page 0 @0x 8000000 size 2.00(KB) [KO]
    The flash may be read protected; use -p --drp to disable write protection. [KO]
    Process finished.
    Error upgrading firmware: Error writing firmware: Flash tool execution failed (1)!

Is there anything I can do or do I need to contact the seller for replacement? Trying to get this running by Monday.....
  • So... Figured I would try to remove the write protection and did a little digging around with STMFlashLoader...... Here is the output of trying to remove write and read protection......

STMFlashloader.exe -c --pn 8 -p --drp --dwp
    Opening Port [OK]
    disabling read protection [KO]
    disabling write protection [KO]
    reseting device [OK]