EN CN
Auto-PID tuning problems, please help :)
  • Hi,
    here is the video that shows whole configuration of the gimbal (it's AlexMos 32bit, latest firmware - info will be visible on this video):

I think it's properly balanced, because the a7 is on it for about 3 hours and it doesn't move or rotate.
    What can be the problem here?

Thanks for help ;)
  • The video does not show it the gimbal is balanced. It shows that the camera is not pointing ahead and that the gimbal returns to level. When balanced it should not return to level, but stay in any position.

Your 'I' is 0, should not be.

My guess is that the problem is in basic setup.

- Are the motors correctly connected? see the instructions. some boards have wrong labelling.

- Is motor Auto setup performed and pole numbers manually corrected?

- are IMU directions correct?
  • I do not get the reversing Roll and Pitch. Do not over think it, just follow the users manual carefully.
  • I have another problem - pitch axis motor starts buzzing in straight position even on pid 0-0-0, it stops buzzing in different position. I also set Adaptive PID that eliminated some of oscillations. What can it be? Thanks for your help :)

Video of actual situation:

Photo of settings: http://wgrajo.pl/img/h1100004.jpg
  • Your 'I' is very low compared to P and D. have you tried to autotune it? Try one axis at time with good stability setting, starting from pitch axis. Set PID for other axis so that they do not vibrate when tuning the Pitch.

Try also adjusting Power. More power for Yaw, just make sure that no motor is getting hot.
  • Thanks for help :)

It worked, but only Pitch starts buzzing in one position and it is visible on video. It's settings for Pitch are 28 0.11 33. Are they proper values?
  • The values look reasonably, but that is always gimbal dependant. Try Auto tuning in the position it vibrates, tune only the axis that vibrates.