EN CN
I2C Errors
  • Hey guys!
    I have a big problem with my gimbal! Yesterday I installed my YAW Axis and while calibrating, I accidentally detached the 2nd IMU (rotated to often). After that I got loads of I2C errors. I have some spare MPU6050 units lying around and tried to attach those to the controller. The I2C errors disappeard, but I am no longer able to connect more than one IMU. I checked the I2C adresses and they are 68 and 69. However I don't get the second(Frame) IMU displayed in the GUI -it's greyed out.
    Do you have any suggestions how to solve my problem?
    Thanks,

Michael
  • Some additional info: When I connect only one Sensor (I2C addr 68 or 69) all sensors work! I have already tried to reflash the firmware -> no changes.
    Is it possible that there is a hardware issue?
  • Was the spare unit the same than the broken one? I assume not. at one point there was many problems with certain IMUs, something to do with the i2C line resistors on them etc. Try to get same IMU you previously had, best contact the board seller for assistance.
  • Hi!
    I managed to get the 2nd IMU working. But only with a very short cable... as soon as I use a longer (30cm) cable, I get too many I2C errors to use it. It doesn't matter if I use the original one or other ones (the originals work fine, I just thought they were dead because of the errors). I found a spare ferrite ring and put my wires through it. Unfortunately it didn't improve. I'll check whether signal is corrupted this evening. Is there a schematic of the I2C circuit anywhere?
  • Solved it by cutting the cable in two halfes and twisting one signal line with power cable and the other signal line with ground cable. even tested a 80cm wire and it worked!