EN CN
Back to the MacOSX thing.
  • Ok, I read all the threads I could find about how to talk to the controller board from the Mac. I still can't get the SimpleBCG GUI to connect to my 2 axis board. (The AlexMos one from Hobby king)

The Simple BGC GUI should talk to the controller using the Silicon Labs drivers.
    The MultiWii config GUI also uses the Silicon Labs drivers to talk to the MultiWii controller board for my Quadcopter.
    I already have the MultiWii GUI working with the Silicon Labs Drivers on my Mac.

The Simple BGC GUI runs on the Mac and seems fine. I think its the the Silicon Labs Driver's port that's not working.

From what I read, the SIlicon Labs driver needs to "see something" on the hardware before it will be listed on the host GUI's list of ports. Now, the MulitWii (Arduino based hardware) triggers this action just fine when its connected to the Mac. MultiWii config shows the Silicon labs port on the port list and everything is wonderful. For some reason it seems that my AlexMos board is not triggering this on the Mac, so the Simple BGC GUI never is able to list the Silicon Labs port as an option.

I'm stuck.

On every other thread I don't recall seeing "Oh ok it all works now. Here's what I did." Each thread just stops. Can anyone shed some light on this? At this point, I don't know where to turn.

Thanks!

-jim lee
  • So I plugged in my quadcopter with its MultiWii controller and found..? The Simple BGC GUI now shows the Silicon Labs ports.

-jim lee
  • Not that it helps any..

-jim lee
  • Here's the "AH HA!" part..

The board has firmware 2.3 the GUI was 2.4. I found this out by getting SIlicon labs driver to load whit the MultiWii GUI then switching cables to the AlexMos board. (Cheating) Went through all sorts of nonsense trying to get the 2.4 to update the board, but it just wasn't having any of it. So, on a whim, I downloaded GUI 2.3 and it that worked without trying to fool it with the MultiWii board. Go figure!

Hope this helps someone..

-jim lee
  • Starting to think this is a MacOS/Silicon Labs thing and not a Basecam thing. This Mac is running OS 10.6.7

I notice after a reboot it cannot load the SIlicon Labs Drivers on an un-flashed MultiWii board until it sees a flashed MulitiWii board first. Once its seen the flashed board it can "see" the un-flashed board and flash it. And also it can talk to the Basecam board as well.

How did I flash the original seed multiWii board to start this process? Kinda' like, where'd seedless grapes come from? I remember that last year I flashed my original MultiWii board on my Mac Laptop and its running a newer OSX, something like 10.8 or so.

-jim lee
  • did you found any solution ? i'm starting to get annoying on this thing... i'm trying to connect the GUI to the Board...no responses