EN CN
GoPro Gimbal - Power Question
  • I just installed a DYS 3axis gimbal, and I have everything working fine when I have it connect to my computer. At this time I have both the USB and 4s lipo connected. When I unplug my USB cable from my computer I lose my pitch control and the yaw seems sluggish. The motors also start making a sound. If I plug the USB back in everything works fine. I have a USB battery so I connected that along with the 4s and it works too. I am thinking I have a possible ground problem or something. But I can't seem to figure it?

Any ideas?
  • Try just connecting the board ground to the usb ground on your computer (not +'ve), this should prove your suspicion, which I agree with, it could be a grounding problem, although it should be a simple + and -'ve from the battery which wouldn't normally give you a problem. Maybe measure what's happening at the motors.
  • Thanks for your help. I was able to find my problem. I measured the power coming to the board and it was only 5v. I fix my connection and now it has the full 12v. Sorry...a little new to all of this. Thanks again for your time.