EN CN
Simple BGC GUI with Mac
  • Hello, I have downloaded the mac version of the software, downloaded the drivers and have gone into terminal and entered in the commands and went into my privacy settings to open up allowed apps but I still have nothing when I connect my Alexmos 32 bit gimbal chip to my Mac. All i get is this green light flashing really fast on the chip and the software lists a bunch of bluetooth connections and no COM port. Any tips or ideas of what I'm doing wrong.
  • You need to pair the bluetooth with Mac first, then select the correct bluetooth from the GUI list, probably something that ends with .tty
  • Im not using any bluetooth adapters or chips, I'm using the micro usb cable.
  • strange then that you have the bluetooths listed, but anyway, on Mac you will not have any COM ports listed, but more complex names and you need to find the correct. probably anyway ending with .tty. Look the list before you connect USB and see what is added when you connect and select that.
  • Is there anything I have to do with the drivers. After I downloaded them from the web I double clicked on it and nothing happens. I have tried all the all the connections and nothing works :(
  • Also when i connect the USB nothing pops up on the list. I'm assuming that I don't have the drivers installed correctly.
  • It could be the drivers, I had Arduino environment installed already previously, so everything worked directly. Bluetooth should not need any special drivers, I use bluetooth for everything else than FW update.
  • Is there anything I have to do to the drivers after downloading them from the website and opening them up on my computer?
  • I would try USB connected when installing them and after restarting. Also always use the same USB port you used when installed, or you might need to reinstall for the other USB ports. Also I have noted problems with long low quality USB cables, so rather use a short and high quality cable.
  • ok cool. But how do I install the drivers to a specific usb port?
  • Just by connecting the device to that port before installing. But it has been a while since I have installed them and I did not have any problems, and I do not exactly remember how I did it. But I remember having problems connecting to different port after installation.... but maybe that was with PC.... Anyway now it is running fine in both sides Windows/Mac. I had to instal it to Windows because Mac did not support FW update... I am not sure what is the status now.

If you do not find help searching with BaceCam board USB problems, maybe searching with Arduino USB drivers helps...

One thing you could try is allowing all installation (on the Mac security centre) to get it running, It could be Mac security options blocking some component.

I really hope the GUI for MAC would improve, and not need to use any Java etc.
  • I'll try looking around and see what I can find. But it looks like I'll be returning my gimbal tomorrow :(. I just can't seem to figure out the connection problem and I am already behind schedule on my shoot.