EN CN
Novice in need of much needed help
  • I am new to this technology. I bought a handheld brushless 3 axis gimbal from CAME TV recently. It came with the Alexmos 8 bit controller. I built the gimbal following the tutorials recommended without any problem and even though it takes me a bit of time I understand how to balance it as well as possible. The trouble I am having is trying to calibrate it using the Simplistic simpleBGC software. I have been removing the sensor and taping it to a box following the procedure in 6 point calibration. It doesn't seem to be working as the Gimbal continues to have a mind of it's own, moving all over the place as if it is very confused after I reattach the sensor back to the gimbal. I have a lot of 12c errors occuring too. What I also noticed was that after disconnecting and then reconnecting a red notice at the bottom keeps telling me that the accelerometer is NOT calibrated despite WRITE-ing it after 6 point calibration. I have hit a brick wall. A complete novice who is worried that each time I attempt Calibration I am only confusing the controller somewhat more hence the 12c errors. How do i know what these errors are and is there a way of defaulting back to the factory settings for the controller? Could it have anything to do with the driver I installed x86 or x64? It has never crashed and says it is working correctly! Any advice would be extremely helpful, Thank you.
  • You need to get rid of the I2C errors first. Reroute the cables. The IMU cable as far from the motor cables as possible.

After place the IMU flat on table components up and do one point calibration. Just one point calibration.

Make sure you have told correctly on the GUI how the IMU is positioned on the gimbal.

You can do the 6 point calibration later when everything is working, if you feel it is needed.
  • Thank you Garug, I'll give that a try. I have also been disconnecting the motor cables during calibration, is this correct?
  • disconnecting the motor cables should remove the I2C errors. Do you still have I2C errors if motors disconnected?

But generally this should not be needed as there should not be any I2C errors even when motors are connected.
  • Hi Garug, no there are no 12c errors when the cables are disconnected. What I have noticed though is that when connected to the software via usb that the pitch and role seem to be crosswired if that makes sense? When I move the pitch up and down on the gimbal it is the roll that is moving in the software window and vice versa. Ever heard of that happening? Came-tv sent me the same version of the software (go figure?) and the same thing is happening. now they want to sell me the 32 bit controller with 2 sensors. Help!
  • "connected to the software via usb that the pitch and role seem to be crosswired if that makes sense? "

I am not sure what you mean, but you can assign the Roll, Pitch and Yaw axis on Advanced Tab/Motor outputs.

Try to route the IMU cable far from the motor cables that should help on the I2C errors. You may need to add ferrite rings to motor or/and IMU cables to get rid totally of the I2C errors.

Overall I would suggest carefully reading the manual and doing complete setup from the scratch. The 32 board will not be easier to set up than 8 bit. Better get it working with the 8 bit board first. (unless it is broken).