EN CN
Gimbal inoperable after firmware update
  • Hi all,
    I just received my 3 axis gimbal IMU (Alexmos) for the gopro from RCtimer several days ago. It worked ok out of the box. But felt it needed to be tweaked. I decided to up date the firmware & GUI to 2.2b2. That was pretty easy. The problem now is that the camera Oscillates & twitches. My alexmos board is ver 1.0 so I believe it is an 8 bit board. I have even tried updating to a newer firmware (above 2.2b2) to no avail. I tried many different pid settings to just get the camera to at least raise when I power it, not no luck. It's like a limp noddle. I get a solid red light and rapid blinking green light???? I am in serious need of some help. I contacted rctimer for tech. support but no luck as well.
  • please follow the instructions in the website here and use xloader to update to 2.4. There is a lot of problems with the previous versions.
  • I have upgraded to 2.47b. Still no luck. Does anyone know if Base cam electronics will accept gimbals for repair?
  • please furnish your PID values here
  • I have the same gimbal and same problem... any solutions?
  • Hello, You will need to download the latest version of the GUI and firmware: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/
    Upgrade firmware of your board and calibrate IMU sensor.
  • If you updated firmware, there is a possibility that you lose settings. Also, firmware may greately differs from one version to other. I see several workarounds for you:

1. leave the most latest firmware and try to tune settings (motors, calibraion, PIDs) by yourself as described in our User Manual. Or ask for help other customers of this gimbal, or manufacturer.

2. Downgrade to "factory" firmware and request profiles settings for it from gimbal's manufacturer (RC Timer)
  • I have the same problem with a gimbal arris 32 bit, with "factory" firmware worked perfect, but upgrade to 2.43b5 worsened everything.
    The video is horrible behavior Roll
    How do I downgrade to version 2.41b4 which is what originally had?
    any solution?
  • See the down arrow on the 'upgrade to firmware' the older FW should be there, but maybe you should just retune for 2.43b5 and check all the settings.