EN CN
Signals between frame and camera IMU appear to be joined only on two axis's
  • Hey, so I've been trying to set up this gimbal for a while now and iv'e always been boned by the roll axis randomly deciding to roll 90 degrees then have the yaw axis convinced im spinning in circles. Even when I've balanced the camera bottom heavy. But today in the GUI I noticed where you should be able to see the frame IMU arrows move separate from the camers IMU the data seemed to be joined on the roll and yaw axis. but the pitch worked fine.

Anyideas

Im starting to give up after being on my 3rd version of an alexmos board.
  • Balancing the camera bottom heavy is a problem, not solution. It must be well balanced. The basic setup must be detail performed as per the users manual and the gimbal needs to have good enough construction.

What board do you have? What FW. Sometimes, if everything else is ok, the gimbal could still misbehave (especially on beta FW etc.) Erasing EEPROM and setting everything back up again helps if this is the case. Remember save profile before you erase EEPROM. the basic setup ´needs to be performed after it.
  • I only tried a bottom heavy balance to see if it would still do it. right now it is perfectly balanced.

Alexmos 32bit from aerial pixels.

FW 2.43b9

I Have been having this issues through multiple versions

• Then it must be some problem with the gimbal construction or motors or some systematic setup error. That kind of roll problems are not normal. Yaw spinning sounds like calibration problem, but there is nothing that should make the roll spin suddenly 90 degree, not even gimbal construction. The only things I can think of is I2C errors of faulty IMU, if everything is set up correctly.

If the basic setup is wrong, then that kind of things can happen. You should verify that all motors are connected to correct ports (note some boards had wrong labelling), motor Auto has been performed to detect the inverted status, poles set manually, and ACC and gyro calibrations performed well and IMU directions set correctly. They all must be set exactly correct for the gimbal to work correctly.

Have you RC or joystick connected? the errors might come also from them, if there is something wrong with them. Also make sure that the inputs that are not connected are not assigned to anything.
  • Gimbal construction is solid, motors are on the correct ports, motor auto has been performed, poles are set manually, acc and gyro calibrations done perfectly and imu directions are set correctly,

Ive already set my external control inputs to none incase this was the cause.

And ZERO i2c errors.

When I'm moving the gimbal around slowly it seems to work fine. but if I roll the gimbal to the side at a medium speed it seems like it is trying to keep the camera level with the gimbal instead of the horizon. Then according to the GUI the gimbal is now upside down when it isnt and it all goes to hell
  • There could be something wrong with upside down then, especially if you have set it to remember the button presses over the power sequence. I suggest then erasing the EEPROM and setting is up again. The upside down mode works better on later FW.