EN CN
Problem using joystick
  • Hello there,

I use a CAME 7000 3 axis gimbal with a 3 axis 32bit AlexMos controller ( SN=0123633156cb2517ee - firmware= 2.42b7 )
    I use SimpleBGC GUI v2.42b7.
    I have installed the joystick exactely like this video

In the RC and Service options everything is set to " no imput "

When I pull down the joystick the motors gets off and the red led is blinking till I release.

In the information tab I get this error :
    " Serial data corrupted "
    This, until I release the joystick... Then the motors get back to work again. ( Even when they were off in the first place )

I also got this message once :
    " License is not valid - This firmware can not be run in this board. Upload proper firmware(...) "
    And the green led started to blink fast.

I can assign the horizontal axis to any fonction. Only the vertical axis have trouble.

When I only leave the power wires I get the same stuff without the error message.

Pressing down with the joystick also always freezes the monitoring till I release...

Any clue ?

Thanks to exist !
    Regards

PS : I'm french... Sorry for my bad english...
  • You should probably take care of this first
    " License is not valid - This firmware can not be run in this board. Upload proper firmware(...) "

Sounds like you have assigned the joystick to CMD and it has power off activated. See on the realtime tab that the joystick controls pitch and yaw.
  • Hi mista Garug,

Sorry for the delay...
    Thanks for your answer but nothing is assigned to CMD ( and follow mode is disabled )

The joystick is now unplugged.
    Any action I assign to ADC1 goes automatic as if there was a ghost joystick pushing the button...

Take a look :

I got this since the begining, I have tried many presets...
    I don't understand :-(

Regards.
  • If you use the ADC1 you need to have joystick installed on it and calibrated correctly.

Use realtime screen to verify that joystick is installed correctly and calibrated. Centre position should give 1500 reading.
  • Hi,

It's impossible to calibrate ADC1 with a joystick installed.

Here's the video I've sent to "came-tv" who sold me the gimbal.
    They tried to help me without success.

http://youtu.be/7z3pajcrISI

Thanks for helping
    Sorry again for my awful english
  • there is no point trying to do anything else with joystick settings before it is installed and calibrated correctly .

The camera on video goes down because the joystick value is pointing down. (for what ever reason it is pointing down that needs to be fixed first.)

First you have instal the joystick so that the reading is 1500 like on yaw on the video.

How have you connected the joystick. 32 bit boards use 3.3 V for joystick, not 5V