EN CN
DYS Smart 3 (alexmos basecam board) on Phantom2 (non-vision) connections ?
  • Hello everyone, Just ordered the above gimbal to fit on my Phantom2 and have heard there are issues to overcome with getting the stock Phantom connected to it.
    As far as I can tell the gimbal will arrive ready to use and will just require power (which I believe should not be direct from the battery) connecting, and maybe a basic initial calibration.
    If I connect the pitch servo (for radio control of the camera pitch) the main issue seems to be that as the Phantom2 is setup for the 'dumb' Zenmuse gimbal, it will adjust the pitch for the drone flight angle as will the Alexmos basecam board. As both the drone and gimbal boards are trying to adjust to the drone angle, this will give a double pitch adjust angle and so one will need to be disabled. I believe the Phantom2 controller pitch adjust can't be disabled so, how do I disable it on the Alexmos ?
    Also, anyone with Phantom2 experience have a suggestion of the best place to tap power for the gimbal so I don't get noise on the power line ?
    Many Thanks
    Timbo