EN CN
Help improving PID tuning on CAME 7000
  • Greetings!

I was using the 3-axis gimbal CAME 7000 with my Panasonic GH2 + SLR Magic Lens 12mm and 8-bit board without any problems, almost perfect. Now I upgraded the gimbel to the 32-bit board, 2-IMUs and my camera to a Panasonic GH4 + SLR Magic 12mm. My gimbal is very well balanced, I'm using a Lipo 3S 5000mah battery (on the top handle, not interfering with any motors). I had to began tuning the PID again (try and error) and I ended up with the result of the video link:

On the video I put the PID configuration I'm using. When I use the gimbal on a Camera Car, no problems, it's very stable, example:

But using it handheld it gives me these "jitters"/"oscillations". Are my PID settings too high/wrong? Could you help me trying to eliminate this erratic movement?

Thank you very much in advance for helping me!
  • Why have you gyro high sensitivity activated and i2C pull-ups?

as your P is very low I would not activate high sensitivity. Of course if you deactivate it, retuning is needed.

Is your FW 2.41b4?
  • I'm using the last FW 2.41B5 (named as B4 on the site). I activated High Sensitivity because it worked nice before, even with low P values. I'm afraid of disabling it know and having no time to setup it the same way again. The i2C is activated because I'm using Cheesycam's profile and it came this way.

Thanks for your reply, Garug!!