EN CN
calibration of gyroscope
  • I have a doubt about the capabilities of the card Alexmos.
    For optimal functionality of the gyroscope is better to do it every time you turn on the gimbal or in the GUI is preferable to select "skip calibration at startup"?.
    I ask because I want to understand if there is wind, it can affect the calibration with small vibrations
    thanks
    Paolo
  • the gyroscope operation can be slightly affected by time and temperature so it better to do it every time the gimbal is started. But the gimbal must be absolutely still during the calibration. If this is not possible, then it is better to skip the calibration during normal startup and do it occasionally otherwise.
  • I normally check on skip calibration. But i assign cal acc. and cal gyro to my button 1 click and 2 click. I do the calibration only when i am able to keep the gimbal stationary.
  • Note: There should not be need to do ACC calibration that often and doing it destroys the 6 point calibration. IMU need to be well levelled during ACC calibration. During gyro calibration it should be enough that it is still.

Also after ACC calibration you might need to reperform Follow mode offset, but I am not sure about this.
  • Hi, the calibration that is done at startup is only the Gyro., all you need is to put the gimbal on stable or something and lock the pitch axis ( where the sensor is located) time for the startup.
    To calibrate ACC with the button you need to enable the functionality in the " Service " menu.
    Make sure that when you use the button for swapping between profiles, you make sure, first of all, to assign the button function the same in the 3 profiles and remove " calibrate ACC" or leave it only with long press function.