EN CN
Set RX to AUX3 and TX to RC_YAW
  • In the 2.6x version of the SimpleBGC firmware in the MAVLink tab, there is an option to set RX to AUX3 and TX to RC_YAW.

But I cannot figure out how to do this in the 2.70 b0 firmware.
    Any help would be very appreciated!

I am using the Infinity MR S2 Gimbal by HD AIR STUDIO
  • Hello,
    Enabling and switching UART pins can be found on the Hardware tab in "Serial connection" field.
    Read more about checkbox functions here: "Connecting to the SBGC32 controller" page 90 https://www.basecamelectronics.com/files/v3/SimpleBGC_32bit_manual_eng.pdf
  • Thank you for your response!

I have my gimbal connected to the telem2 port of my cube orange flight controller.
    RX to AUX3, TX to RC_YAW and Ground to Ground

In the SimpleBGC GUI on the "External IMU" tab I have "RC_serial2 selected as "Serial port" and I have Heartbeat, Debugging and "Query RC Data" enabled.
    On 'Hardware' tab 'Swap RC_SERIAL ↔ UART2 ports' is disabled.
    The UART2 port is also disabled.

In QGroundControl, I configured the fc as described in the documentation.
    With this configuration, I see the Heartbeat of the gimbal inside the MAVLink inspector in QGC.
    But in the SimpleBGC GUI the gimbal does not receive any packets (On the "External IMU" tab at the bottom)

If I now enable "Swap RC_SERIAL ↔ UART2 ports" then the fc doesn't receive the Heartbeat, but the gimbal receives packets from the fc.
    So, I suspect that either the gimbal uses RC_ROLL for RX and RC_YAW for TX or AUX3 for RX and nothing for TX.

But I need it to use AUX3 for RX and RC_YAW for TX.
    (The gimbal I use does not have an RC_ROLL port)
  • In an older version of the documentation, I found this:
    From the SimpleBGC32 side, you can choose UART1 port (connecting GND - GND, Rx - Tx, Tx - Rx), but in this case, GUI USB connection will not work together with the MavLink connection, excepting "Tiny" board. An alternative option is to choose the second UART on RC_ROLL input (Rx) and RC_YAW input (Tx). For the encoder-enabled version, use AUX3 (Rx) and RC_YAW (Tx).

What is meant with "encoder-enabled version" ?
  • I am sorry for all the empty comments, but it seems like this forum cannot handle any greater or smaller symbols :)