EN CN
Severe oscillations of motor with zero PID gains
  • Hi everyone.
    We bought a GM2804H-100T Encoder Combo Set kit from iflight-rc, and i've hooked up a single motor with encoder as YAW axis, and stuck the imu board to the motor with double-sided tape, just to play with it. The encoder is AS5048A connected to SBGC v.3.6 Extended over SPI.

I'm having a strange issue. When i crank the motor power higher, at circa 150+ i get severe high-frequency (30-ish Hz) oscillation of the motor, no matter what. I even took off the imu, and set all PID gains to zero, but the motor still oscillates. I hope that the oscillation will go away when i actually build the gimbal, but that still doesn't seem right.

It seems like there is an internal feedback loop that forces the motor locked, and the feedback coefficient is tightly coupled to the power setting. But why? I would like to crank the power all the way up (why the hell not?), and have no oscillation, but it seems like i can't. Is there any way to tune the power limit independently of this feedback? Or even turn off this feedback completely...