EN CN
SimpleBGC issue (Not sure if board is problem or the motors).
  • I recently purchased a 3 axis gimbal for heavier cameras. The previous owner said that the gimbal has fully functioning motors, but I'm not so sure if that is true. There are four BGM 8108-150 used for heavier cameras (mine being a Blackmagic Cinema Camera). One for the Yaw Axis, one for the Roll Axis, and two for the Pitch Axis.

I spent the whole day yesterday balancing the gimbal by hand, installing drivers, and getting to know SimpleBGC and tuning procedures. I calibrated the IMU using the six step process, but when I try to figure out the motor configuration, I can't put anything above 50 for the Pitch and Roll axis without having the motors shake a lot, and even below 50 the pitch axis motors shake slightly but constantly. When the motors have power they still don't move to the calibrated positions. The yaw axis does nothing even with power.

The controller board that came with the gimbal is apparently a Version 1.0 8 bit gimbal controller board. The board's firmware was updated to 2.40 b6 and I was using the Simple BGC GUI v2.40 b7 program for 8 bit controller boards.

Does the problem lie in the motors or the Controller Board? Should I buy a new 32 Bit Controller Board?

Sorry if this post isn't enough information, or if this is in the wrong category. Thank you in advance for any help!
  • Hello, please, film the video of the gimbal and place here.