EN CN
Yaw tuning for hexacopter
  • How do I make the follow mode to follow the movement of the hexacopter more accuratelly? What setting affects the precission of the following. If I want it to follow almost as accurate as if it was only two axis gimbal what PID and speed value should I try? What makes the follow mode looser or sharper for not better words??
  • the follow is tuned with Follow Seed, Follow Expo and Follow Deadpand. Set 0 expo and deadpand and as high follow speed your gimbal can take and it will, "follow almost as accurate as if it was only two axis " But you probably want to loosen it from that.
  • Thanks. I will give it a try. FYI, I have 0 expo and I have not changed the default deadband, I think is 17. I noticed that speed makes the biggest difference in here but I will play with the deadband. It is a fine balancing act☺. I want the gimbal to compensate for sudden movements of Hexa as it fights the windy condition for the silky smooth video without the jerks from left to right and vice versa but at the same time I do not want it to be too loose, as it makes the framing of the shot difficult without RC imput. The other question is about Offset. I do not have RC yaw imput at all and I've noticed that even if I perform the calibration with yaw positioned and secured precisely facing forward in direction of the nose of my Hexa, the gimbal is always facing a bit to one side upon power up. I managed to straighten the neutral position with offset of about 38. If I want to recalibrate should I zero the offset first or I can calibrate with the offset in place??
  • For follow offset the platform needs to be in level, camera does not mater, but good to have it also about level. Then just press Auto.

Auto does not set Yaw, it needs to be set manually, but I never have had much success with that. I use a potentiometer on Yaw http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243241
  • The potentiometer installation could require some 'creativity'. One way that I have not tried could be to instal the potentiometer with servo horns and links (if the yaw needs to move only +- 30 degrees)
  • What is the best place to mount the main and the second IMU on an aerial platform? Are the ferrite rings important?
  • I have also a problem with the Yaw Follow me.

I´ve the 32bit 3A Controller and the Iflight Gimbal with 2x GBM5208-180T for roll and Pitch and GM60-80T for Yaw.
    I´ve mounted the Controller with the 2nd IMU below Yaw Axis.

After 2 Day experiment the camera is more ore less stable in roll and pitch. In Yaw the Camera also stable and follows my handheld movement but after 3 to 5 movements in Yaw the Yaw axis loses the orientation so when I stop the movement the camera pointed 10 to 30 degrees of the front (yaw) axis.
    Would it help to have the 2nd IMU on top of Yaw?

I would also appreciate to have the opportunity to take the Yaw Info from my Flight controller to the SimpleBGC so that the Yaw will follow my Kopter yaw axis.
  • Has no one a idea?

What are others doing with the yaw axis in a kopter?

Please let me know what I can do to have the yaw axis exactly Straid with my kopter axis after follow?