EN CN
Roll and Pitch coupling after Yaw
  • System: 32bit 3-axis gimbal with 2 IMU
    Software version: 2.42 b7

Behaviour:
    System works normally when in original yaw orientation, if system is rotated 90deg, roll input becomes roughly equal to pitch input.

Details:
    I am getting roll offset when pitching up or down after giving the gimbal yaw. This happens if I switch on the second IMU. The orientation is detected correctly and I am also getting significant error values on roll axis. The roll offset corrects itself only when I return to the original pitch or yaw value.

I have the second IMU below the yaw motor, and this is configured correctly. I have also tried to reset the eeprom but this did not fix the issue either. Sensor axis configuration should also be correct as the orientations move correctly for the both IMU units. I was able to replicate this issue by doing the eeprom reset -> turn on the second IMU -> calibrate accelerometers -> Configure motor pores and poles -> Autotune
    The problem dissapears when I turn of the second IMU.
  • To be more specific about the YAW rotation, it happens when you forcibly turn the YAW so that the motor will skip, or when you zero out your I-term on the YAW axis and error builds up, resulting on different orientation.
  • This bug is still present in the current 2.43b9 firmware, has anyone else been able to confirm this?

It is easy to reproduce, just turn the YAW forcibly by hand and try to tilt the gimbal, both pitch and roll will react.