EN CN
Yaw problems-bad motor?
  • I have the new 32 bit and 2.4b6 with autotune. Pitch and roll work great. My yaw was looking good on the ground, but when I did a test fly yesterday it would randomly rotate right or left anywhere from 15 to 90 degrees. Sometimes it would stop, sometimes start agin. It did repond to stick input.
    I tried aut tune on the yaw axis and gains were way too high. Im slowly raising them , but cant get this random rotation to go away.
    I dont have the second IMU connected yet, bad cable to the IMU and Im waiting fro a replacement.
    I am starting to wonder if I have a bad motor.

History- had a great working 8 bit three axis. Went out to shoot with a differnet camera and used too large of am HDMI cable and started having yaw problems. Mechanically locked out yaw axis to finish shoot but forgot to unplug yaw motor. Came home and had no power to third axis 8 bit board, so I decided to upgrade to the 32 bit. And Im still having yaw issues. But, on the ground the motor works fine. With follow yaw mode off it seems to be fine.

Hoping to have the second IMU hooked up by wednesday ad will try to lower gains.

• Are you still having a problem?
    I'm having a similar issue with my YAW.
    Mine works fine on the ground (Cinestar 3 legged gimbal config suspended) but when I introduce the slightest bit of resistance to the YAW it starts going backwards and wonders around for a while. Sometimes, after a bit of time, it comes back.

The monitor shows very smooth motors actions, until I cause some resistance.
  • Hello,
    Try to rebalance YAW of your gimbal.
    Try to increase YAW POWER in GUI.
  • any updates? since you've used a 8 but board before. ho was yaw control on that? if you rotate yaw axis rapidly. does your handle and bottom become off sync? like it just goes off entered and thinks a random new direction is centre? its happening to my 32bit board!