EN CN
Basecam v3 Control with Arduino Uno
  • Hello!

I’m having a bit of trouble with controlling the Basecam controller with an Arduino. I used the same code as the example code on the bottom of the SimpleBGC 2.4 Serial Protocol Specification Guide, and to no avail. Currently, I am using an Arduino Uno and hooking up pin 1 (TX) and GND from the Arduino to RX and GND on the Basecam respectively. Any advice as to how I can make this work or any debug statements I can add into the code to test it? Do you think this is a hardware or a software problem? Thanks in advance!
  • What FW do you have? there was problems with some FW but I think it should be now fixed.

It probably would be better to connect communication both ways. I do not exactly remember is this needed.

I used the serial protocol with 2.3 FW, but have not been using it for a while. Maybe I should try it again...
  • I have 2.4 right now.

Do you mean that I should hook up the RX Arduino to the TX Basecam? I can try that out as well.
  • This is a comment from my code, so I guess that I connected only send lines

Arduino GND -> SimpleBGC GND
    Arduino TX -> SimpleBGC RX
    Power Arduino separatly or via +5V from onboard FTDI connector

I think it was the first version of 2.4 that had problems with serial protocol, on later versions it should be fixed, but I have not tested.