EN CN
SimpleBGC 8-bit broken? (high voltage and no response motors)
  • Hi there,

I bought a RCTimer Legacy Handheld with the 8-bit board. Used it for a week. And then it broke..
    I am new to this forum and got an important question about the RCTimer Legacy. I got the Legacy including the AlexMos 3.0 and I worked with it fine until one day I connected it on to my Legacy. I could see that it tries to stabilize but after 2/3 seconds it shuts off and in the app I see a red battery icon indicating that the Lipo is empty. During those 2/3 seconds it shows 87V which is weird because the only Lipo's that I am using are a 3S and 4S lipo (and I do change the Lipo setting in the GUI) (both Lipo's are working, double checked them with a balancer).
    I am running 2.4b7 btw.

So every 3 seconds the voltage is 0v and after the 3 seconds it shows 88v for 1 second and than goes back to 0v again. I turned on my Alexmos without any connected motors and it gives me a red light (and the bluetooth lights). I added the yaw extension board (which looked fine) and that gave me a green light (while the Alexmos board still gives me a red light). I connected the usb cable and tried to connect with the board which sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.

I also tested the motors one on one. All motors don't do anything until I change the PWM frequency from High to Low (or Low to High). The Pitch motor responds, gives 87v and then stopt its movement when the cameralens is pointed to the floor. The Roll motor (also 87v) doesn't respond but I can see in the app that the small red dot is moving across the 'compass/circle' as if the motor is moving. The Yaw motor doesn't respond at all. No visual recognition, no movement, nothing. Battery still red/dead. After all the testing I noticed that the Lipo 3S 2200mah went from 90% to 88% (I tested for 10 min). At one point when the Roll and Pitch were connected it did show 57v instead of 87v.

When I turn it on with all the motors they all show a small red dot in the 'compassview (of the software)' except in the top one (Yaw). In the top one the compassneedle did not move and also the small red dot did not move even though the gimbal did move.. But if I disconnect just the yaw (in simplebgc as well as disconnecting the cable) and only connect the roll and pitch it still gives 87v. So the motors are connected but the Alexmos board does not respond to them. I double checked the wiring and if everything is plugged at the right place. I disconnected the joystick (which worked in the beginning) and I disconnected the bluetooth module. Here are some images of what I mean by Compassview: http://i59.tinypic.com/2ntffj7.png / http://i60.tinypic.com/24b6r1u.png

At one point the IMU could not be detected so I tried flashing the Alexmos board with the IMU removed. But still, no connection with motors now, even though everything was connected. And power is either 0v or 88v. It worked fine when I bought it and sudden crashed after a week of doing nothing with it. I only used it for a small week and never got any shots or really used it with a camera. It was just stabilizing and learning the software. After that it started functioning weird. It did work for a small period of time (couple of days) but now it doesn't and there was no change in battery or software or anything like that. It just stopped working and broke down piece by piece. Is it maybe a motor that is broken? Cause even if I connect the Alexmos to my computer and disconnect the motors it still shows 88v which is weird..

I hope that this does make any sense. I tried to be as detailed as possible. If someone had an idea please let me know. If the board broke down I would love to know if there's a possibility for fixing it. I am just sad, like a kid whose toy broke before he could play with it. And I spent so much money for nothing at the moment. Much thanks and appreciation for anyone reading this. Could really use some help!

Thanks!
    Khalid