EN CN
Update 32bit board firmware on mac
  • I did manage to update the firmware of the 8bit board with 'AVR Tools'. But that didn't work with the new firmware.
    Does anyone know how to do it?
  • It's all explained in the manual.
  • I tried to download the new FW in the new GUI on MAC. Doesn't work! GUI ask me to download the new FW but works for a few seconds. Than info "Serial corrupt"! Any ideas?
  • Hello!

Currently, firmware upgrade on MAC or Linux IS NOT SUPPORTED. You need to find a PC with the windows to upgrade.
  • I even tried to run the firmware at first glance on Mac, tried a lot, no luck.
  • @alexmos: sorry, but i try to avoid using a pc whenever possible..
    but thanks of a pc of my colleague it is working now.
    thanks for the update:)
  • Any way to upgrade the firmware on 32bit V3 board using a mac?
    I don't have a pecee!
  • It works with Parallels Desktop.
  • In Parallels it is not recognising the board, even after installing all the recommended Silabs usb driver.
    :(
    Any other option?
  • If you have installed the drivers for WINDOWS it should open a COM port that you choose in the GUI to update the FW. It worked really well for me in Parallels Desktop on OSX 10.6.
  • I can't get the firmware update to work in windows in parallels either. It recognizes the board, but tells me stmflashloader has a side-by-side configuration error. I've followed up on troubleshooting tips, installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the C++ packages with no luck. Please help
  • I heve installed Windows 7 on bootcamp and that works ok, but I really hope that the update issues get fixed on the Mac GUI.

Note: on Windows I use the .exe file. Also .jar works, but maybe it is the .jar that has the update problems?