EN CN
Novice building new rig
  • Hi everyone. Im excited to build my first gimbal rig but Im having a hard time deciding which parts to buy. I want to have one that supports 5kg (red cameras, sony....) OR that can have the motors upgraded later to support 5kg. So my questions are:
    1. Where can I find just a carbon frame that supports red cameras WITHOUT motors or control board? If I got something like the Came-tv 7500 for DSLR could I later upgrade the motors for 5kg support?
    2. Whats are the difference between LiPo and LiFe? can I use LiFe batteries with the gimbal rigs even though they come with LiPo? Can LiFe be charged on LiPo charger?
    3. What type of controller board do I need to get to able to connect a wireless joystick+reciever to? Is that was the "high power controller" boards are?
    I know this is alot to ask but I really appreciate all of the help in advanced! Thanks!
  • 2. LiFe is safer. The carger must support LiFe, do not charge with LiPo settings.

LiFe is lower voltage per cell, so you might need more cells or at least tune the power settigs

3. I think all the Basecam boards support remot controller.
  • Great, thanks for the info Garug. Would you mind recommending a good LiFe battery and charger? How do I determine runtime and charge time of batteries? Thanks!
  • no you can not upgrade 7500 ! your stuck with whit you buy so do not cheep put on a budget rig.
    get the hardware you can grow in to not the oposite