EN CN
  • I bought and assembled this gimbal:
    http://www.womarts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=191

I'm using 32-bit controller with 2 IMUs (2nd below yaw). IMUs are calibrated. All 3 axis are carefully balanced. I was able to tune both pitch and roll to an acceptable degree.

When it comes to yaw, it almost feels as though the motor (5208-200T) is underpowered to handle the frame and my camera (5D3 + 16-35mm L). Tapping the assembly left & right causes it to return to center smoothly and without overshoot. However, when I pick up the frame, and slowly, gently pan in my swivel chair, it struggles to keep up and it immediately drifts (center point changes as much as 15+ degrees).

Could the wire order in the motor cable cause this issue (i.e. 123 -> 132)? If not, what else should I be looking at? It seems like these motors should be able to move my camera, or could it be too much payload for that motor?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • I suggest setting everything operational with one IMU and then connecting the second IMU.

Yesterday I was setting up a 32 bit board. got it working on basic mode, but when entered the yaw mode the gimbal was correcting the yaw movements to wrong direction?? decided to rotate the yaw motor connector (123 to 321) and it was all ok. Strange that it was working in basic mode with wrong motor polarity.

• Thanks Garug,

I did disable the frame IMU while it worked through it. My solution ended up being 2 things:
    1) I did change the wiring such that the middle wire at the motor end is the middle wire at the controller end. This really did solve a lot of weird behavior.
    2) since my camera/lens is on the heavy side, I ticked the Gyro High Sensitivity checkbox, which doubles P and D values. I needed the extra power to drive the yaw.

I'm now up and running, though I'm sure some fine-tuning is in order. I'll be getting another gimbal next week, which hopefully won't prove so challenging.