EN CN
8 bit vs 32 bit control boards
  • Is there a way to establish weather a control board is 8/32 bit.
    From postings I am seeing the first step in order to communicate with the board is to have the appropriate hex flash installed.
    This flash allows the GUI version to communicate with the board...
    I have a 2 axis BGC...
    The description details a large variety of detail which essentially says:
    What the German version of the firmware configures
    What the Russian version of the firmware figures
    It details the control board is a BGC*1 ( German V049 )
    The controller board functions... being preset for a Go Pro camera
    I completely reconfigured the Gimbal structure to support a variety of small hand cams
    ( This one being a Toshiba Camileo X 199 )
    That support a collection of Digital/Optical Zoom functions
    Atop being 10 MP resolution
    It seems that the controller board is a Martinez
    The board works... all the axis are centered... and once powered up achieve a pitch / roll center positions when powered by 3s LiPo with Toshiba camera mounted
    The problem being the weight of the camera is more than the settings are set for. ( if I move the quad too quickly the cam drops forward or from side to side )
    Need to increase the power on the magnets of the motors... I get that...
    I'm just looking for the program to access connection to the control board
    I have collected every version 8 bit/32 bit, Russian, German ... I can find
    Every hex download... every averduder... every averdude-gui... Simple BGC... X Loader.....
    Lets not forget CDM 2.10.00 WHQL CERTIFIED.... gnome-averdude 0.1.tar
    Did I say BruGi_050_r207

Running windows 7 64 bit.
    also have a laptop with XP 32 bit ( yeah x86 )

Com ports are being recognized... Up to changing the bits in the port settings to 115200 from 9600 when instructed...
    Verified com port..... When I unplug the usb to the control card that port disappears from the device managers port communications list...
    The card is powering up when the USB cable is plugged in...
    Should I, do I, need to have the battery plugged in when connected by usb in order to power the motors for settings adjustment..
    That issue has never been confirmed in any of the threads I have reviewed here in the forum

Might have to start from scratch... re flash the hex for access and come in fresh with the BGC program to set up the paramaters...
  • 8bit and 32bit is quite easy to recognize imo. look at the chip set on the board and 32bit board has 3 axis on board while 8bit if they have 3 axis they need to add another board for yaw.

I have no issue with the ports. As for the setting adjustments, try to on the batt then plug the usb. I wonder have you ever changed the PID in the GUI before?

The other chunks of words I don't really get what you mean and since you have all the versions of boards, its puzzles me why you still haven't get it right.
  • Hello,
    have you installed USB drivers for the board? this is the first step .
  • Are you sure about this? I'm using the 8 bit software to communicate with the BaseCam that was installed on my DYS Smart 3 gimbal, but the board has three motor outputs. It only has four sets of input pins though, FC-R, FC-P, RC-R, and RC-P. It came installed with the 2.30b5 firmware.