EN CN
32bit Alexmos 2 imu vs 1 imu
  • hi everyone here,

I am wondering what is the real difference between 2 imu and 1 imu? I hear a lot here says there is no difference, any one experience with both before?

I am wondering if the 8bit imu and 32bit imu the same?
  • Hi there. I'm pretty new to this, but in tuning my gimbal I noticed a difference once I installed my second imu. Once installed I enabled Gyro high sensitivity, 12C pull-ups enable, and maxed out gyro trust in the advanced menu. Then I used very low P and D settings (like 4 to 5 for both). I used the minimum "I" setting. Now I have to try to make it fail. I'm using a small light dslr.

I'm not sure if the imu's are the same as the 8 bit. Mine said it was for 32 bit when i bought it. But I would say yes, it is worth the extra $20 when you are already paying for a 32 bit board anyway
  • Thanks Jake, do we really need to use Gyro High sensitivity for a light dslr?, why do you max out gyro trust. There should be a rational behind what you did.

Once i changed from 8bit to 32bit, I notice PID all uses lower value even though I didn even use high sensitivity. my gyro trust is on 110 only. I am using this on a 6D + 20mm f/1.8 sigma. I can do 360' on my gimbal without the 2nd imu.

• 200sx I was having issues with vibrations on tilt until I increased my gyro trust and sensitivity. Seeing your gimbal with only one IMU I am impressed.

How stable is your gimbal in the roll axis? The roll axis is the weakness on my gimbal and usually loses balance because I roll it too far quickly (past 90 degrees). Like I said before I am very new to this, and don't have very much experience. Seeing your settings I will go back and try some more settings myself, perhaps I will try lowering the Gyro trust.
  • Jake in my line of work, my gimbal does not even lean close to 60 degrees. so i didn't test any angle greater then that. most of my PID is 15-0.01-20. not sure it will suit your gimbal.