EN CN
Jib mode:Can I disable the gyro so I can control the gimbal directly with RC (ie no self-levelling)?
  • As per title - I'd like to try using my gimbal fixed to the end of a jib, as a simple remote pan/tilt head.

I realise this may not be as straightforward as it sounds, as the feedback / PID system is at the core of how SimpleBGC works. Also, the whole gimbal design is based around the motors doing as little work as possible - it's the camera's inertia that does most of the stabilising, while the motors just help keep things trimmed and stop things from wandering.

That said, it'd be useful to just have direct motor speed control - just a joystick controlling pan and tilt.

Has anyone else tried using their gimbal more actively? Would it help to be able to turn off the stabilisation?

h
  • Just to note: with a joystick connected (even a cheapy PS3 style thumb-stick) I'm able to get smooth pans and tilts without having to disable anything. So this is a bit of a moot point now :)

Gotta say I think it's pretty remarkable that for around £500 not only have I got a fantastic stabiliser, but a remote pan/tilt head to use on jibs too. Thanks Alex :)

(OK, and thanks to the Chinese folks who are knocking out these gimbals at a price even I can afford)