EN CN
Bad board?
  • Hello everyone, hope someone can help me..
    So I've tuned my controller perfectly...I think. I've read and watched everything I can find to achieve where I'm at with this controller.
    It works flawlessly on the bench...but.... when I take it for a flight it goes nuts, rolls back and forth, shudders a bit they basically gives up and goes limp. I've gone as far as disabling my vtx, osd, gps to try and isolate the trouble, even installed ferrite rings on the motor leads.
    Funny thing is when I take it back to the bench and plug in the battery it behaves perfectly, I've left in running on the bench for 15 minutes with not a shudder or twitch. What is going on with this thing? Please help.
    Installed on a TBS Disco
    simplebgc gui v2.30 with 2_3b5 firmware
    Brand new gimbal kit http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/bird-dog-products/bird-dog-discovery-gimbal-kit-detail.html

• P and D have to be tuned by flying it. While on the bench there are not disturbances, no wind no vibrations. Start by incresaing P and D and go from there. It is not easy to get perfect results.
  • I messed with the p and d up in small increments but this just made the gimbal buzz and vibrate.
    So I watched the realtime data and adjusted p and d until the graph settled down...got it working smoothly on the bench but soon as I flew it the roll seems to be fine but the pitch axis wanders.
    After that went back to the bench and to adjust further and the gimbal is non responsive...like it just gave up, flopped over at 45* and twitched. Gave up for the evening. tried again today, plugged it into the GUI and it's behaving perfectly on the bench again....about to try another test flight...
    I also tried the advanced 6 position calibration, instructions are vague... only way i could do it was disable the motors, calibrate, disable calibrate disable calibrate...... doesn't seem right?
  • Update, I think I have a dud board, hours and hours on this with no good results. Figured out how to do the 6 position calibration though, even powered it with a dedicated battery to rule out noise.
    Now it doesn't even want to work on the bench, not even with proven out of the box profiles.
    Not happy.
  • How is your gimbal vibration isolated from the quad?

The arm between roll and pitch motor does not look very rigid.

This could be quad vibrations affecting IMU, though the behaviour is quite strange.

Edit: I looked the link on the first post, seems to be a product made for this purpose...