EN CN
Dubois expecting boos, unique game in go back to Winnipeg with Kings
  • EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Pierre-Luc Dubois understands he is most likely to receive an aggressive reception from followers when the Los Angeles Kings forward plays the Winnipeg Jets at Canada Life Centre on Tuesday for the initial time since he was traded to Los Angeles by Winnipeg on June 27. " If they're supporting my departure, I believe I 'd question a bit much more my time there," Dubois said Saturday. "But it is what it is. " Dubois played 3 seasons for the Jets. He had 143 factors in 195 regular-season games and seven factors in 12 Stanley Mug Championship game, however the pending restricted complimentary representative informed Jets management he did not intend to authorize long-term. He was traded for forwards Gabriel Vilardi, Alex Iafallo and Rasmus Kupari, and a second-round choice in the 2024 NHL Draft. On July 4, Dubois authorized an eight-year, $68 million contract. " It will certainly be unique, I make sure," Dubois stated. "I make certain some fans will certainly see it a little differently, but also for me directly it will be unique. I spent three excellent years in Winnipeg. My parents are going to be at the game. To play against some colleagues and buddies that I have from Winnipeg, it'll be an unique game. " It's so early into the period, it seems like not that much. It took place yesterday, it seems like, however, yeah, unique video game. " It appeared that trading Dubois would be the Jets' first step in a major overhaul. Rather, they authorized pending unrestricted free representatives Mark Scheifele and Connor Hellebuyck to similar seven-year, $59. 5 million agreements Oct. 9. " I was satisfied for both of them, my initial reaction," Dubois said https://www.losangeleskingsprostore.com/charlie-simmer-jersey
    . "2 individuals that work exceptionally hard. Great players, great individuals, so for them to sign an agreement it means they're pleased, so I was pleased for them, pleased for their families. And, yeah, I texted 'em, will certainly reach see them, congratulate them face to face. " Dubois showed the Jets' choice to re-sign Scheifele and Hellebuyck would not have actually transformed his placement on asking for a trade. " There's a couple of things that were involved in the decision, however it was never ever based on others," Dubois stated. "It was just a choice I made. Yet like I said, I was actually happy for those 2 men to authorize an agreement that they enjoy with. " Dubois has previous experience returning to a place where he played before. Chosen by the Columbus Blue Jackets with the No. 3 choice in the 2016 NHL Draft, he was traded to the Jets on Jan. 23, 2021, after stating he no much longer wished to bet the Blue Jackets https://www.losangeleskingsprostore.com/bob-berry-jersey
    . Playing his very first game as a site visitor in Columbus on Nov. 24, 2021, Dubois confessed was an unusual experience going into parts of Nationwide Field he had never ever been to previously. " Columbus, I didn't even understand what it resembled," Dubois said. "The away clothing room, the away every little thing. " Having actually made three previous trips to Winnipeg as a site visitor during his four periods with heaven Jackets, racking up an objective in his last trip Nov. 23, 2019, Dubois has some knowledge with the environments for his initial roadway video game with the Kings. It will still really feel a bit uncomfortable. " It'll be weird heating up in a different place once again, away clothing space and all that," Dubois claimed. "I believe the weirdest component will certainly be warmups, seeing the men beyond and all that, however once the video game starts you just concentrate on the 60 mins. " Jets trainer Rick Bowness said Monday he tried to convice Dubois to stay in Winnipeg, however moving on was the most effective for all sides. " I had no problem with 'Dubie,' Bowness said https://www.losangeleskingsprostore.com/kings-t-shirts
    . "I spoke with him a dreadful lot, spent a whole lot of time with him.. yet that wasn't going to happen regardless of what. " He made it clear that he had not been going to authorize a long-term offer below. When he comes out and claims that, he just didn't wish to be here. He was mosting likely to move on when he could, to ensure that's his option, didn't wish to be here. It worked out well for him and it's functioned out actually well for us, so we enjoy. " Iafallo, that claimed it needs to be a "fun video game," said he and his previous Kings colleagues have suited well with the Jets. " It's behaved," he stated. "Everyone's been terrific assisting us out, different systems, all that sort of stuff. It's been a very easy transition trying to comprehend more things. It's been fun up until now. We've been playing great, so we've obtained to keep at. "