EN CN
Requesting guidance on building an arm stabilizer for Parkinson's Patient
  • Hello, My father has Parkinson's disease and suffers form hand and arm tremors which make doing some things requiring fine motor skills difficult. I would like to try to build him a glove which contains a 1 or 2 axis setup containing BLDC motors sized large enough to help stabilize his tremors. I have never done this before and am seeking some guidance on parts and assembly. I was looking at this motor as being large enough mass to be able to gyro stabilize his arm shakes: Turnigy HD 5208 Brushless Gimbal Motor. I understand I also need a controller which is what lead me here. and a power supply. My primary concerns would be size so as not to be to heavy or cumbersome creating a new issue for him, and portability of the power supply. Ideally enough power to run for a few hours before a recharge. I would probably just start with one motor mounted on the top of the hand, and depending on that outcome maybe adding another motor on the side of the wrist. Can anyone kindly guide me to what hardware I should be looking at, and some tutorials on wiring, tuning, etc? Thanks
    Scott