EN CN
Camera IMU crazy after upgrade to 2.50b3
  • Hello guys!

I just upgraded my 32 bit Board from Firmware 2.43 to 2.50b3 with the 2.50 GUI.
    I have the modell from DYS with board in CNC case and IMU's in plastic cases.
    http://powerparts-uav.de/produkte/brushless-gimbal-controller/94/mini-32-bit-basecam-3-achs-controller-cnc-case?c=3

Before my gimbal was working fine accept the yaw axis, which is another story.
    After the upgrade the Camera IMU seems to have language problems with the board. Before both IMU's were communicating and the roll&pitch axis were working fine.
    Now the Frame IMU is working as before but the Camera IMU provides stranges signasl from the pitch & roll axis.

That means when I turn the camera, there is correct movement of the arrow in the GUI but only direction wise. The amount of movement does not correlate with the real movement of the pitch & roll axis. Its only very small movement.

The yaw axis showes correct signal in the GUI.

When I start motors, the pitch axis starts slowly turning constantly in one direction and roll axis shakes slowly between max angles.

Red and green LED on board are on constantly, red LED on Frame IMU is constantly on, no LED is visibly on Camera IMU.

When I try to make auto detection of IMU alignement, the GUI can not finalize the second step, when the camera has to be tilted to the right side.

What is the problem here? Is a new calibration needed? The IMU's are mounted in a way, that it is quite a hassle to take them out for recalibration, so I really would like to avoid that. And also I think it can not be the normal way to need a recalibration frequently, isn't it?

Thanks for thaugts
    Fishermen
  • New firmware and especialy a huge step upp like the one from 2.4 to 2.5 needs a imu calibration.
    The autodetect seems to be alitle hit and miss for some, me included.
    Just take your time, get the axis right and redo acc and gyro calibrations.
  • Ok, that helped. I did a recalibration and the Camera IMU works fine.
    Strangely the new feature of temperature calibration showes for both sensors the required 3 thermometer icons and the checkboxes on despite I did no temperature calib yet, only for the gyro once.
    When I try to activate the temp compensation for Accelerometer, the sensor went to a kind of freeze.
    So, I will do then tomorrow a proper temp calib for acc and will see. This is quite a procedure and I hope, after that the calib works will stay away, cause I had to take apart my hole gimbal for that, hehe.
    Ok, thanks for quick response Mrimstad.

Cheers Fishermen