EN CN
Motor Resonating and Vibrating bad.
  • Hi,
    I´ve been succesfully using a custom gimbal with a DYS 32bit board, 150T motors, PanGH4. Now a changed to a Sonny CX730, its 200ggrams less and I can t get the Roll axis to stabilize properly, it has enoying vibes wich is tipical in the tunning proces but, I cant get enough power to the Roll motor, it starts to resonate really quick, ex 150Power, 30P/0.07I/20D. This never happend before, I doesn t happend with Tilt/YAw. What could be the cause? All mecanical aspects are good and of course the camera is well balanced.
    Many thanks in advance!
  • "All mecanical aspects are good" Often it seems this is the case, but finally it is the problem.

The vibrations do not need much flex. GH4 is very solid camera and it has good solid installation point. I do not know about Sony CX730, but I suspect the problem is the camera installation.

Also looking Sony CX730, it is very narrow, your bottom plate should be very solid, and you will need to retune Roll. You could also try filtering.
  • Hi Garug,
    Thanks for your answer, I erased EPPROM, recalibrated ACC and problem gone, anyhow, I will also reinforce camera plate, and retune!