EN CN
32bit board will not connect to Mac
  • I am sure this has come up before but I can not find the answer.

I have a new 32bit SBGCv3.0 board, Mac computer, GUI 2.43b9. I have loaded both drivers for the Mac, when I try to connect the board to the Mac I get the following message.

"Serial Data Corrupted
    Try to Re-connect board. Ensure correct serial port is selected. Check firmware / GUI version compatibility."

I have tried all available ports with no success, the board flashes red. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • That is also what this board does now

In this case the reason is clear, a metal speck caused a short circuit in a wrong place.
  • Are you telling me I have a short in the board?
  • This is a new board and this is the first time it has been plugged into the Mac. I don't see any metal specks shorting anything out.
  • I am just telling that my board acts similar and when I inspected it there was a metal speck on it, and assume that is the reason my board is acting as it is.

Had the metal speck not stayed on the board, I would not know it ever was there. The board did not start working when the speck was removed.

I also assume the speck came from the carpet used as landing platform. It had been previously on the tooling area. This is not relevant for your board as it is new, but it still could have bad solder or something causing the problem, maybe originating from the factory it was made...