EN CN
Sensor not connected - warning message in GUI
  • My gimbal has been working fine up to now. However I now get a warning saying the sensor is not connected (when it is). I have tried a different board and get the same message with that board as well? I have tried reinstalling the firmware, tried different power source, using a bec, physically unplugging and replugging the wires, nothing seems to have any effect on it. Anyone got other suggestions?
  • If you have the same issue with two board then the reason probably is what it says, sensor not connected. This could be because of broken wire, broken connector or broken sensor.
  • That is a fair point. So I have now tried a different imu and the problem continues.
    Is it possible that this is a java issue?
  • Probably not Java issue if the GUI is otherwise working.

What does the realtime tab show for IMU data?

Did you try different cable?

It could be also that there is interference. Is the cable running free of motor cables? try to get it working first motor power off and IMU cable just hanging loose from everything else.
  • Board says connected but Realtime tab is one green straight line...no data. The setup is exactly as it was a few days ago when it worked perfectly.
    I have now tried a completely separate board and imu and am getting the same message saying sensor not connected. This is really weird. Any other suggestions?
  • Did you try different IMU cable?
  • Yes tried a whole new set up and got the same message.
  • That is really strange. Did you try motors powered off? Are all wiring ok? what material is the gimbal frame? It could be some motor wire touching the frame, broken motor etc.

I would test the Board and IMU only powered only from USB. (everything else disconnected)
  • I have now tested with a completely new board/wiring/gimbal set up, and get the same results.
    I can power up the board through the USB only and get solid red with flashing green light, but there is no power to motors and once the board is connected it says sensor not connected in the gui.
  • What board and IMU you have? Has it ever worked? is that IMU for that board? Not all boards and IMUs work that well together, and some have different pinouts.
  • It is the dys gimbal which worked fine before. I bought another one to test this and it also worked fine to begin with. IMU are the stock ones that worked previously with each board.
    Now neither work and both give this same readout of "sensor not connected" in the GUI.
  • So what did change?
  • Nothing else changed that I can pin point. That is why it is so weird! The constant is the computer, which is why I asked about Java. The only other constant is the USB cable which I also replaced. I'm baffled.
  • Computer/bad USB cable could maybe cause interference to IMU communication when the USB is connected. Does the gimbal work when powered just from battery?

If the GUI works otherwise normally, I do not see how the Java could cause the issue, but everything is possible...
  • Both gimbals have worked recently but now neither gimbal works at all when powered just from battery... arghhhh.
  • Do you have multimeter? measure the IMU voltage. (Vcc and GND)

There must be some reason for this to happen for two gimbals, or then you should participate lottery. It is very unlikely something like this just happens for two gimbals at the same time...

• hi I am having the exact same issue too. I messured it and it shows 0.23v so where do I go now? what should it be and how do I solve this issue? thanks for any help!? :-)
  • If the reading between IMU + and - is 0.23V, then it is not getting power. If cables and connectors are ok, then either IMU is causing short-circuit or the board is not providing the IMU power (this could be the result of some previously connected IMU causing short-circuit, and destroying the onboard regulator.)
  • oh the joys! was working fine and the 2 days later after zero use its dead. love to know why.
  • Unprotected electronics and it does not take a lot to make short circuit. That is why I alway use protective box for the main board and protect the IMU with plastic spray etc.