EN CN
impossible to write data after eeprom reset
  • hi at all, this is my first discussion.
    hi own an rctimer 32 bit board with dual imu, yesterday i upgraded to 2.43b5 firmware with no problem.
    i made an eeprom reset to refresh all in the board and when i reconnect it (tried with both mac and a fresh install on win) the connection with the gui is very slow, the board is connected but is impossible to see the firmware or serial number of the board... and when i try to do something (like reset to defaults or write a profile) the response is always "something goes wrong when reading parameters" or "something goes wrong when writing paramenters: -unexpected error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
    all is blocked, have you any ideas what i can do now?
    thanks!
    paolo
  • tried to recover firmware with no solution.
  • finally (after more than 12 hours on the board...) solved the problem.
    i think there is a bug, because the only working method in my situation is to recover the firmware starting from gui 2.42b6 on windows.
    i open the case of the rctimer board, using a simple jumper i flashed the board and finally reinstalled last firmware.
    the incredible think is that with the last 3 firmwares and the same method i had no response from the board.
    after many hours but now it's ok.
  • Hello, sethstudio!

In the upcoming 2.43b6 GUI update, I will add more detailed error report beside "NullPointerException" to find out where may be a bug.
    Also, EEPROM Erase prcess will be slightly updated to make it more reliable.
  • great news ;-)
    thanks for your support!