EN CN
Replacing bearings in T-Motors GB85-1
  • I have a heavy camera gimbal that gradually became un-tune-able (unmanageable high frequency vibrations in the pitch axis). I pulled the motors today and it's now obvious why - the pitch motor bearing is crunchy and grinding. Surprisingly, it wasn't making any noise or giving any physical indications when mounted and under the load of the camera. Is it possible to swap the bearings out of this motor or am I stuck with buying a new one? I see bearings for many T-Motors but can't find it for the GB85-1.

Also, while I had the gimbal apart I pulled the roll motor as well. I had a *cough* "hard landing" many months ago which tweaked the gimbal pretty severely. The roll stabilization has continued to perform beautifully, but I did notice that there's a slight bit of slop in the housing along the vertical axis, which makes sense because of the hard vertical impact. Unsure of the internal mechanics of these motors, but would that be a bent shaft or what? Is this something I can fix or should I relegate this motor to the spares box?

Thanks in advance,
    JMc
  • The problem with GB85 is that it is very flat, well that is actually not the problem, flat motor is nice, but it causes the problem. The bearings are very close to each other, so there is heavy loads to the bearings. Also the hollow axis is not that strong. Are you sure it is actually the bearings that are broken? it could also be the axis.

The GB85 is a good motor, but it really requires additional support. Normally on Pitch there is a bearing on other side of the camera, so it is well supported, but Roll and Yaw require other solutions.

You say it is the Pitch motor that is broken, It must have been really hard landing. Probably the bearings are standard measurements and if you get them out, you could just measure them and order from ebay etc. If you do measure them please let us know the measurements.

Contacting T-motors should however be the first option, they are helpful.