EN CN
Burnt Alexmos 32 bit component ?
  • Hello all.
    I have a maybe stupid question about my recently bought gimbal controller. I recently bought a 32 bit Alexmos gimbal controller from www.Viacopter.eu. I have used a 6S lipo for it as it is stated on the webpage that it is suited for up to 26V as input voltage. When I connected the board the fifth or sixth time (working fine) a small 6-legged component went up in smoke. It was labeled AJ2PB and I think it is some sort of a step down converter. One of my friends looked a similar component up and he said it might be an AP5100 step down converter 1,2A. Here is some data from the datasheet.

• VIN 4.75V to 24V
    • Load current of up to 1.2A
    • Internal Power MOSFET
    • Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
    • Up to 90% Efficiency
    • 0.1µA Shutdown Mode
    • Fixed 1.4MHz Frequency
    • Thermal Shutdown
    • Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
    • Resistor divider adjustable Output: 0.81V to 15V
    • SOT26: Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb)
    • Lead Free Finish/RoHS Compliant (Note 1)

Document number: DS32130 Rev. 3 - 2
    www.diodes.com

The leg burnt on the component was the V_IN Pin (if it is the right component). I don't get it... If the webpage states an input voltage of max 26V I certainly hope the voltage is lowered on the board somehow before it hits the V_IN pin at the board.. otherwise it is directly misleading information that has to be corrected before other guys experience the same thing (hopefully not).

Now to the actual questions:

1) Is this component identical to a AP5100 step Down converter?
    2) Is there any suggestions to a protection mechanism (capacitors to avoid wire impedance etc.), please post them to me :-)

Thanks

Best regards Dakedo