EN CN
Jittering at yaw (pan) moving gimbal
  • Hello everyone !!!
    I am filmmaker and I have a problem with my new brushless gimbal .
    I have setup my alexmos 32 board and everything looks ok but I have problem when I move the camera at pan axes ( yaw )
    The footage is a little bit Jittering . I don't have any problem with my PID at staying position or at pitch axes, only when the camera moves at left or right . At “Realtime Data” shows a jitter at movement of camera too . The motor jitter and become hot when the gimbal is on ...
    What's wrong with my setup?
  • Do you have jitter at all panning speeds. Mine jitters only at medium speed, very slow speed is fine and fast speed. Irritating non the less and I hope to get solution for this. Jitter is the only remaining problem on my otherwise well performing gimbal.

What do you mean by this "The motor jitter and become hot when the gimbal is on ... " Does it always jitter? or only when panning. If the motor comes hot to touch, then you are putting too much power on it. If you need the torque, bigger motor is needed. motors should not come hot.
  • Hello my friend and thank you for your respond !!!
    Yes you are right it jitters at medium speed as I can see at realtime data .
    My motor is Jittering little bit because I have it at max of torque (255). When I put lower torque power some times does not respond at flying conditions ,it stacks. So after 2-3 minutes the motor is hot . This is the second motor I change to load my gimbal weight , it's for 3,5 kg cameras my dslr is 1,5 but all gimbal is about 3,5 .
  • Is that Yaw motor, what kind of motor are you using? I think you would need a stronger motor.
  • I'm using the I power GBM5108 120T motor.
  • Garug I'm just read the new update fixes and the new manual it comes with the last update ... I'm thinking we can resolve our problem as putting Filters.
    Please download the last manual and read the chapter "Digital Filters tab" it can resolve our problem I think ... I will post again if it help me at the problem , please do the same or anybody have the same issue .
  • Yes, I am using the filters. They will help on vibrations, but I have not found them helping on jitter problem, but tuning continues.

Here is what I have found so far http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2178272&page=2