EN CN
Mac Bluetooth issue
  • Hi
    I have a genuine board from Desire RC, it comes fitted with a Bluetooth module.
    I can pair it with the Mac, open the GUI bit it won't connect with the board on any port.

If I then open Paralells and use the Windows GUI, it works!

All I get with the Mac GUI is ""Failed to connect. Unknown application"

Anyone got any ideas??
  • It's not compatible with a mac as far as I know.
  • As explained in the manual (p.2)
    '' IMPORTANT NOTE: Bluetooth module must be configured at 115200 baud rate and Even parity (generally its not set by default, refer your module's user manual to find how to configure it). With these settings, you will be able to connect to the GUI and even to upgrade firmware remotely.
    Note, that HC-06 with original firmware does not support 'Even' parity. It will connect to GUI, but won't let to update firmware. "
  • "It's not compatible with a mac as far as I know. "
    Errr... What isn't...?

Sorry, I think you both might have missed the point.

The board is obviously configured correctly as it is paired and talks to the Mac already, but I can only talk to it using the Windows GUI on Windows XP, running on top of Parallels. (Parallels is a an emulator to enable other OSs to run on the Mac).

I'd just like to use the Mac GUI, rather than have to open Parallels...
  • I wasn't aware that the GUI or Firmware was available or compatible for Mac. I don't use my mac for the alexmos stuff, even in Parallels, there are limitations when emulating windows on a mac, several other posts on here that describe problems with serial communications when running windows on a mac.
    It's a pity as I am a mac person normally so would love to see it running native on a mac.
  • The GUI runs quite nicely on OSX, if you use the .jar version of the GUI.

The limitations I have found are:

- Does not support FW update
    - If gimbal is shut down before GUI when using bluetooth, there is big risk that the computer hangs so badly that it needs to be rebooted pressing the power button for long.

On the current FW I have not had any problems with bluetooth modules. (The first 32bit FW did not work at all with the BT modules I have.)

Note: For first time use the bluetooth module needs to be manually paired. OSX has default password 0000, most BT modules 1234
  • Looking forward to this, bluetooth module is on the way. Would be good to use my mac in the field.
  • Hello,

I have trouble connecting my bluetooth module with the 32bit Board with m mac. USB connection works like a charm.

In the bluetooth menu in the system preferences of OS X I can see the bluetooth module and air it with 1234

In the SimpleBGC GUI "Configure Bluetooth module" I just get the following error:

>AT+PIN1234
    ERR: No response!
    ERR: Failed to configure module.

Any suggestions from you guys?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

David
  • I got it to work! I just had to choose a different connection port! I used /dev/tty.FBT06-SSPPDev