EN CN
High pitch noise and uncontrollable shaking in gimbal
  • Hello,

I am an Focus Puller from Iceland and just got handed a F10 v2 Pro Brushless gimbal.
    Here is a link to the set up.
    http://brushlessgimbals.com/p/8771721/bg-flex-f10-v2-pro-gimbal--fully-assembled.htm

I have been trying to balance it for an Epic with a Zeiss Super Speed 25mm Lens.

I downloaded the SimpleBGC _GUI_2.40b7 and connected it to the gimbal.

My build board build is 3.0 the firmware is 2.4b8

I adjusted some of the motor controls trying to get a better understanding of how to tune it.
    When i turned on the motors there came a very high pitch noise and the gimbal shakes and swings uncontrollably.

I am very concerned. I have a shoot on Monday and no here in Iceland knows anything about this kind of equipment.
    All suggestions and help highly appreciated.

Here is dropboxlink to a video of the gimbal freaking out. It doesnt have a balnced camera on it but when it started losing control it did.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0m4hkcsxyksink/IMG_2093.MOV

Kind regards
    Thor Eliasson

• Thor,

If you read the manual very carefully it will give you some very good tips.
    Basically if your rig is balanced very well you can start to tune.
    Reduce your power on the PID's down very low and also the Power to motors, this stops the rig from going crazy and gives you time to observe.
    Read what each value does and concentrate on one at a time, ie pitch first, so disconnect roll and yaw. You can then slowly progress through each axis.
    You MUST balance the camera perfectly, ie. when you let go of the camera in any position it does not move or swing back or drop etc.
    I understand you are under pressure but if you take it slowly and methodically it will work (unless you have a fault).
    I am using the latest software from this site, it works for me with a 5D MKII
    Check the other posts and you will see all my settings.
    The high pitch noise is due to the PWM settings under the advanced tab, select PWM High(silent).
    Turn off 'follow yaw' until you have everything working, then turn it on if you need it.
  • Hi Zeb, thanks for responding. I have already tried all these things and none of them seem to make a difference. Both no/little PID inputs and un-ticked and re-ticked the the advanced settings.

I realized one thing though. My firmware is set for "2.4b8"
    I have been running an 8 bit 2.40b7 SBGC. Does this not mean i have a 32 bit controller ?

Regards
    Thor Eliasson
  • Hi Thor,

According to the link for that gimbal it comes with a 32 bit controller. What GUI software are you using? Post a pic of the control board and maybe we can figure out which one it is.