EN CN
Control Via UART from PC
  • Hello,
    I am an absolute beginner.
    Is it possible to send serial commands directly via PC through the UART ports without using the GUI.
    I can connect the PC to the controller via UART ports and run commands via the GUI.
    Can anyone please tell if it possible to send commands without GUI. I want to control the gimbal using scripts.
    I am using SimpleBGC 32 bit controller

Thank You,
    Best Regards,
    Gowri
  • Yes it is possible but you need some application (developed by you or someone) taking care of the protocol, See the Serial API documentation.
  • Thank you..
    Connected it and getting the status. I am able to turnoff the motors serially. However CMD_CONTROL is not working
    eg : 3e 43 0d 50 01 00 d8 00 48 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 : This does not control the motors. Can anyone suggest if anything is wrong in the hex values above.
    It is same as :
    • CONTROL_MODE – 1u
    • SPEED_ROLL – 2s
    • ANGLE_ROLL – 2s
    • SPEED_PITCH – 2s
    • ANGLE_PITCH – 2s
    • SPEED_YAW – 2s
    • ANGLE_YAW – 2s
  • It was a stupid mistake. I did not add the body checksum at the end. Now its working fine
  • Hello, I know it's an old thread but I just bumped into it.
    I'm trying to communicate to my Gimbal using serialApi and Python.
    I can switch motors on/off, I can read parameters, I can play with beeper... so communication is fine.
    Now I want to control motors using CMD_CONTROL but documentation isn't very clear.
    I tried to enter the raw string used by gows007 ("3e 43 0d 50 01 00 d8 00 48 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00") and I see that it works, but I simply can't understand how you composed it. :-\
    How can I specify angle, speed and so on?
  • Though the interface is somewhat complicated it is all explained clearly on the Serial API, and there is also excables.
  • What do you want to do, I do not understand. Controlling Pan, Tilt and Roll is easy.

Just look at the tutorial https://www.basecamelectronics.com/serialapi/

You need to build the complete message on your code.
  • Thank you. I found some tutorial and now I'm able to control rotation!
    By the way, now I'm stuck on converting negative values into byte arrays, but I think this problem is on python side. ;)
  • Hello Dagord,
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a lot of issues with my control rotation, could you please share the tutorial you found please?

Thanks in advance