EN CN
  • There seems to be a huge temperature drift!
    Its really hard to perform a sixpoint calibration every time if temperature changes.
    About 10 Celsius Temperature difference is enough to destroy good working pid settings in another temperature enviroment.

A accelerator temperature Drift Compensation is a must in my opinion.
  • The Accelerometer is not that sensitive for temperature drifting, or maybe it is but I have not noted much negative effect. The gyro is sensitive for temperature, but it is easy to calibrate. Would be of course nice to have a sensor that is insensitive for temperature, but I do not see this as a big problem. the current IMUs are quite usable.

This was taken without any calibrations when going to cold, (because I forgot to add the calibrate gyro to the menu button when updating and have gyro calibration disactivated at startup) it was +5 degrees celsius out.

Note: many parts of the video are at 170 mm walking. The problem I see on this video is the up and down movement and some shakes, both because me walking carelessly.
  • I have the same problem with DYS Smart3 gimbal and 32bit Alexmos. Everything works fine in warm weather but on cold weather I can notice some vibrations from yaw.
    Calibration at startup is turned on but doesn't make any difference.

My quad was inside warm car and when I went outside to fly everything was great for 1 minute. But as gimbal cools down vibrations occur.
  • You can read in the Simple BGC manual that if there is a stronge temperature change you have to recalibrate your ACC.

It would be intresting whats the normal operation range for ACC.
    For example if i make a precise 6 Point Calibration in 23C Room Temperature what my temperature working Temperature Range?
    Range from -5 Celsius till +32Celsius would be nice!
  • I use glue to securely attach two IMUs to my gimbal. Breaking glue, doing 6 point calibration, gluing it back is pretty time consuming job. There must be easier solution.

I'd rather retune it to get rid of vibrations...