EN CN
Strange bug detected wich causes a total factory reset
  • i recently discovered a bug wich occurs when you press more then 5 times on the button for selecting the profiles.
    a customer of mine pressed for fun 10 times in a row on the button and the whole rig was reseted.
    i had this also with an other customer who was in panic and pressed so much tiles on the button wich caused also a reset.
    I tryed today and indeed after pressing 10 times there is a total reset ....
    Maybe helpful to know ....
    software is 8 bit latesed firmware gui 2.4
  • Interesting.

What do you mean with a total reset. Reset to factory defaults? that would not be good.
  • This is not a bug, but undocumented feature :) It was added to the firware to make full reset in case if you can not connect to the board via GUI (for example, set wrong UART speed and you have only bluetooth connection, that not support change in speed). Upgrading firmware will not help in this case because it keeps setting after upgrade.

I think better to describe this feature in the user manual to prevent such confusion.
  • Reseting communication parameters ok, but reseting all parameters?

That reminds me of one thing I have been hoping for; would be nice to load all parameters, to all profiles at one load, when changing lens/camera.
  • Ok, nice idea - it may be full EEPROM backup, and save/ restore commands in the GUI