EN CN
RC Pitch Control Settings with Futaba Tx / Naza V2 / ARRIS CM3000
  • Hello All

I'm stuck configuring the settings to control pitch with a ARRIS CM3000 gimbal.

Equipment:
    Futaba 14SG Tx
    Futaba R7008SB Rx using S.BUS to Naza V2

Despite reading for two days, I can't find the correct combination of connections and "RC Settings" settings in the GUI.

Does anyone know of a resource to aid in my issue?

Thank you in advance and I promise to pass on whatever I learn here!! ;-)
  • What boar do you have. 32 bit board should support SBUS directly, i.e. you could feed the SBUS to Naza and gimbal board. I have not tested this yet but will soon.

Currently I am using Futaba SDB-1 decoder sharing the SBUS and feeding the PWM from SDB-1 to gimbal board. This works great.

The easiest to understand solution would be getting a second non SBUS receiver and connect it to gimbal, but then you would need to use some of the low 8 channels for controlling the gimbal.

It should be possible also to use Naza gyro out to control the pitch.

The GUI is quite straight forward after you have made a working connection to the board. If it is PWM connection you select PWM and under the PITCH selection the pins you have connected it.
  • Garug, thank you for the quick reply!

It's a 32bit board. Latest firmware etc.

You're correct, the GUI RC Settings appear very straight to me too!

Finding the GUI settings / hardware arrangement is kicking my butt.

If I could just get the GUI to see the input from the tx gimbal channel, the rest is cake!
  • As promised, I said I would post what I learned!

The AARIS Gimbal and Naza V2 arrangement works like this:

Use the Naza F2 port to receive the RED and GROUND wires from the Gimbal. (Of the wire servo cable) Set the NAZA Gimbal output frequency to 200Hz. This is key. It defaults to 50Hz.

Best of luck to all!
  • That should not work, RED is +5V. White is the signal. You need to connect signal and ground.
  • Garug- I assure you it works. There are two servo wires coming off of the CM 3000. One is a ground with red lead, the red lead is pitch control. The white is roll control. The second wire has red lead (power) and another white lead which is not control.

It is unusual and therefore was the source of difficulty. I assure you it works brilliantly!
  • Ok, one can of course use what ever colours on the wires, more important is to what pins they are going to.

A standard servo cable (that can be very well used for the connection) is GND black, +5V red and signal white. (DJI of course is using different colours GND brown, +5V red and signal orange.)