EN CN
Maxxon motors and AlexMos
  • Hi All

I am new here and would like to introduce myself, my name is Geoffrey and I live in Qatar. I have been flying model airplanes for 18 years now and since 4 years multirotor. I do not yet own an Alexmos Board, but i plan to order within a few days

I have an old zenmuse GH3 laying around, it doesnt hold verry well,
    I want to experiment with this by replacing the controller with the AlexMos 32bit.
    Has anyone ever tried to connect MAxxon motors to BaseCam board?

Your opinion would greatly be appreciated

Geoffrey
  • Will be interesting to hear if you sucseed on this. I have always thought the Zenmuse motors are not normal brushless gimbal motors and that Zenmuse performs well, this I have always wondered as the motors are so small, maybe that is then the reason it is not holding well?
  • Is there some markings on the motors?

I was looking the specifications at http://www.maxonmotor.com/maxon/view/content/products , these motors seems to have low internal resistance well less than a ohm. AlexMos board would require around 10 ohms resistance. They are often also with hall sensors, that basically should not do any harm, but the current Alexmos board can not use hall sensors.

If the motors could be identified and the specifications found, then it should be possible to see if they could be connected to Alexmos board even in theory.
  • Hi Garug
    The zenmuse slowly started to loose its home point and would sometimes shutdown in the air. So it was replaced by a new one.
    Yes i have heard the low risistance story once before, would it help if added a 5 ohm resistor to each wire?
    About the Hall sensors, i'm not planning to connect those.
    I will try to upload some photos this week

by the way, i am ordering the new 32bit board from iflight, anyone know if they are an official reseller of the 32 bit?
  • Inserting resistors should protect the alexmos board, but low resistanse motors bropably need much curret, so you propably would need 10W resistors at least and would be good to keep the voltage lowest possible, good luck with the modification.